OnGuard: A Blend of 5 Essential Oils for Immunity
OnGuard essential oil is an immune support blend that is extremely helpful in getting or staying well. It’s a superb oil for immunity, for cold and flu season, to fight infection and for cleaning.
It is a blend of the five potent oils listed below that have been studied for their antiviral essential oil abilities to fight bacteria, viruses, mold and more.
Using these oils separately is a possibility, but it’s the unique proportions of this blend and the quality of these oils that make the difference in the therapeutic support they offer.
1. Wild Orange: It has been shown to be antibacterial, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, disinfectant, digestive, anticancer, antispamodic and sedative. Wild Orange is often used for fear, nervousness or anxiety; heart palpitations; sluggish digestion; insomnia; menopause; withdrawal; and is uplifting emotionally and mentally.
2. Clove Bud: It is known to be antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious, antiparasitic, antiseptic, antiviral and stimulates the immune system. It may help in healing and to create a sense of security and courage. It’s commonly used for addictions, blood clots, candida, cataracts, fever, fungal infection, herpes simplex, liver cleansing, lupus, mold, balancing the metabolism, aches and pains of many kinds, viral infection, wounds, termites and more.
3. Cinnamon Bark: Cinnamon is antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious, antimicrobial, antiparasitic, antiseptic, antiviral, purifying, warming and is said to enhance the use of other oils. It’s commonly used for airborne bacteria, bacterial infections, bites/stings, fungal infections, stimulating the immune system, general infections, mold, pancreatic issues, viral infections and much more.
4. Eucalyptus Radiata: It’s been found to be analgesic, antibacterial, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and insecticidal and is commonly used for asthma, bronchitis, congestion, coughs, inflammation of many kinds, emphysema, fever, flu, life, measles, pain, shingles, tuberculosis and more.
5. Rosemary:Rosemary is analgesic, antibacterial, anticancer, antifungal, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory and more. It’s commonly used for heart function, fatigue, addictions, chemical stress, cholera, worms, viral infections, vaginal infections, diabetes, flu, headaches, inflammation, kidney infection, lice, and much more.
Emotionally and energetically, this blend is also said to help defend against toxic people, helping us ward off negativity in the same way it helps to ward off immune threats. It’s helps to boost inner strength, create and honor boundaries, and release relationships that have become codependent or unhealthy.
dōTERRA CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils represent the safest, purest, and most beneficial essential oils available today. They are gently and skillfully distilled from plants that have been patiently harvested at the perfect moment by experienced growers from around the world for ideal extract composition and efficacy. Experienced essential oil users will immediately recognize the superior quality standard for naturally safe, purely effective therapeutic-grade dōTERRA essential oils.
Essential oils have been used throughout recorded history for a wide variety of wellness applications. The Egyptians were some of the first people to use aromatic essential oils extensively in medical practice, beauty treatment, food preparation, and religious ceremony. Frankincense, sandalwood, myrrh, and cinnamon were considered very valuable cargo along caravan trade routes and were sometimes exchanged for gold.
Borrowing from the Egyptians, the Greeks used essential oils in their practices of therapeutic massage and aromatherapy. The Romans also used aromatic oils to promote health and personal hygiene. Influenced by the Greeks and Romans, as well as Chinese and Indian Ayurvedic use of aromatic herbs, the Persians began to refine distillation methods for extracting essential oils from aromatic plants. Essential oil extracts were used throughout the dark ages in Europe for their anti-bacterial and fragrant properties.